Saturday, August 7, 2010

PICNIC IS A HUGE SUCCESS

AUGUST 7, 2010 Smolkey Glen Farm, Gaithersburg, MD


OMG - What a great time. So many great memories rushing back with every face.

I was late. Another boob CLASS PREZ move, eh? (Nope not canadian). Sorry to committee. Just could not get my but out of the Hotel today after hosting last night's after hours gala. I felt very asshamed that Vince Mason left before I even woke up LMAO.

Overall turnout was decent. A few last minute folks joined in. Lots of kids. Right away the Moon Bounce was packed and stayed that way for two hours. It was funny how you could definately tell which kids belong to which classmate. Mirror image. Most of all perhaps Holly and Jonny's children could have been exact clones. HMMM We did have some smart scientists in our class ... OK getting creepy, let's move on.

They were grilling 1/4 chicken parts as we drove in. You could smell the fire and food 1/2 mile away. Two large pavillions featured a soda bar and beer/wine bar The food was AWESOME. Grilled Chicken, SLiced smoked ham grilled. The best beans I have had this far north ever. And all the fixin's - Potato Salad, Mac Salad, Cole Slaw, Fruit Salad, and salad salad (You know... lettuce and stuff). The best bite was sliced ham on potato rolls with some sliced onions and a dab of BBQ. YUM YUM GIVE ME SOME!!!

So after drinking and eating and drinking so much (I had O'douls - saving up for tonight!) we had a wonderful team of folks run some field games. I was taken back to the days of Laytonsville ES field Days. I think the highlight was the hula hoop game for me. Perhaps the water balloon, with our old LES catcher turned SF politicain, Chris Daly getting soaked in second place after a three-round tie with Mo. Way to go MO to take home the title. The end for me was the plank races. Basically team cross country skiing with out the snow. Gogo's sun stood in front of meand we had to walk in sync. I was so afraid I would fall on top of the tyke, I we came in last. The downside (OR PERHAPS UP SIDE depending on your perspective) is that no one filmed the spectacle. Although I hope to upload some great photos soon.

I know I am leaving something out, but in case it is illegal with the gambling commission, I will continue to omit LMAO!!!


 AND NOW ---- ON TO THE PARTY AT THE MARRIOTT

MORE TO COME

CIAO!

No comments:

Post a Comment